The U-Boat build continues! Having a wheel refurbishment bay at work really makes spray painting a good option. Sadly the U-Boat itself it just far too big to drag all the way to work to paint in here.
- bare metal colour (except not in this case)
- undercoat (in this case, the primer coat I used)
- lowlights (dark wash for recessed panel areas)
- oil, dirt, dust
- scratches, scuffs
- chipped paint (I forgot this bit)
- corrosion>leached rust
- weathering pastels for all of the above colours to smooth and mix and break up flat areas of coolur
- highlights for raised areas and edges
Although this build is stuck with it, I now know NOT to use the in-box thread for rigging if I build another one. Despite everything I have tried since completing this piece, the thread still looks fuzy and crappy when photographed close-up, which sucks. For future builds that involve rigging, I will explore using EZ Line and superglue so that the rigging is smooth and doesn't have big tie-off knots everywhere.
Thanks for reading along, and stay tuned for the next writeup, a build of the Deep Space Nine Runabout Yangtzee Kiang!